Local

Crews put out Christmas blaze at Ithaca Holiday Inn

Crews put out Christmas blaze at Ithaca Holiday Inn

Christmas didn’t deter Ithaca firefighters from putting out a blaze at the Holiday Inn in downtown Ithaca.

Fire crews arrived at the hotel just before 2 p.m. Wednesday and made their way down to the smoke-filled basement.

Ithaca Fire Lt. Tom Basher says the fire was caused by a large dryer malfunctioning in the hotel laundry room.

He says no one was injured and there was no damage to the building.

 

 

More Local Headlines

in Local

2.1 million enrolled as part of New York’s health exchange

Fresh
health

More than 1.5 million have been enrolled in Medicaid; 89% of those who have signed up say they didn't have insurance in the past

in Local

Three arrested after Cortland County chase; two still at large

Fresh
crime

Three men were taken into police custody after a short chase in Cortland County Friday. State Police say a trooper attempted to…

in Local

State Police announce plan to update patrol car fleet

Fresh
STATE POLICE

Union representing troopers had complained that patrol fleet hadn't been updated, leaving high-mileage cars on the road

in Local

Minimum wage hike for fast-food goes forward; Assembly leader calls it “good first step”

Updated
Carl Heastie

During visit to Ithaca last week, Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie said move was "good first step," but says wage should be increased across all industries

in Local

Man accused of knocking upstate New York officer unconscious

Crime 3

Suspect was reportedly dancing in street with traffic cone; officer attempted to get him to stop when attack occurred