Local

Crews put out Christmas blaze at Ithaca Holiday Inn

Crews put out Christmas blaze at Ithaca Holiday Inn

Christmas didn’t deter Ithaca firefighters from putting out a blaze at the Holiday Inn in downtown Ithaca.

Fire crews arrived at the hotel just before 2 p.m. Wednesday and made their way down to the smoke-filled basement.

Ithaca Fire Lt. Tom Basher says the fire was caused by a large dryer malfunctioning in the hotel laundry room.

He says no one was injured and there was no damage to the building.

 

 

More Local Headlines

in Local

Lt. Gov. Hochul tours Ithaca Commons: “It’s tough for businesses”

New York Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul joined Ithaca Mayor Svante Myrick in a walking tour of the Commons Monday.

“It’s tough for the businesses, we get that, but the end is in sight.”

in Local

Ithaca-based organization says staff safe in Nepal; group begins fundraising effort

AP433076366618_4

Educate The Children has operations in Ithaca, Nepal

in Local

Siena poll shows New Yorkers not convinced on ethics reform in Albany

state leg

Poll shows 2/3 of New York believe new ethics laws will have no impact on corruption problem in Albany

in Local

Police: Pot found in car linked to Jon “Bones” Jones hit-and-run

Crime 3

Police in New Mexico want to talk with Jones about Sunday accident

in Local

Two children in car during fatal DWI crash recovering; father could face more charges

Crime 3

Daniel Haynes III, 29, of Virgil, charged with vehicular homicide